Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang is located at northern part of Nepal, it’s a formal Himalayan forbidden kingdom of Mustang, this is truly an amazing area of Nepal which is unique and best trekking destination for any trekker who wish to discover culture of Tibetan people and rituals at century old ancient monasteries. This area is remote and isolated of the Himalaya region. The trek leads us to fabulous journey, an adventure of lifetime experience around former forbidden areas of upper valley. Upper Mustang was once an independent kingdom, while trekking in this area the best way to experience the Tibetan culture and landscape as well as great festival which is well known as Tiji festival the biggest celebration on the Himalaya in Tibetan community. Lo-Manthang is another famous spot of Mustang trek for tourists seeking to beautiful experience and native culture.
Upper mustang trek starts from Jomsom after a scenic flight from Pokhara. The trail follows the Kaligandaki River valley with fascinating views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Bhirkuti, Damodar, and Mustang Himal including views of Annapurna range. This trip provides a golden opportunity you to explore the vast diversity of Himalaya, on an extension of world and highest Tibetan plateau with amazing scenery of landscapes. Trekking continually goes towards next few days up to the valley passing some wonderful villages along the way while as we exploring this interesting Buddhist monasteries, Tibetan culture, inhabited Tibetan people and beautiful villages around in this valley with Nepal wide adventure team than our journey return to Jomsom with significant mountain views on the way back. the ending point of our delightful journey is Jomsom and next morning we take a scenic flight back to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
We Nepal wide adventure offer special trip packages in Upper Mustang valley according to your time and budget. Let us know your interest with us, please inquiry us to get detailed information on Mustang Trek, like special permit and festival.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu 1350m/4428ft transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing with tour guide.
Day 03: Fly to Jomsom and 4hrs trek to Kagbeni 2900m/9512ft, Overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Chele 3100m/10168ft- 5hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Shyangboche 3800m/12465ft- 5hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Ghami 3510m/11510ft- 4hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Charang 3560m/11675ft- 5hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Lo Mangthang(3850m/12628ft) 4rs, overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Explore the nearby the Lo manthang 3700m/12135ft- 5hrs Trek, overnight at lodge
Day 10:Trek to Drakmar 3800m/12465ft- 6hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Chele 3100m/10165ft- 5hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Jomsom 2800m/9185ft- 6hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Jomsom – Pokhara 25 minute by flight transfer to hotel overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Pokhara – Kathmandu 7hrs by drive by bus, overnight at hotel.
- International and domestic Airport pick-up and drop-off and all transportation by tourist bus & private vehicle in city.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing with tour guide.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner with hot drinks) during the trek in Himalaya.
- A highly experiences and knowledgeable english speaking guide and a porter.
- All Food, Accommodation, Insurance and transportation for porter and your guide.
- All required permits
- Accommodation 2 night standard hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 2 Nights tourist standard hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
- tea house lodge during the trek
- Arranged an emergency helicopter services (paid by your travel insurance)
- Trekking equipment such as Sleeping bag, down jacket etc.. on return basic
- Exclusives First aids box.
- Pokhara- Jomsom- Pokhara both way flight.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 people in a group.
- Fare-well Dinner at typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu.
✖ Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
✖ Extra accommodation and meals behind schedule
✖ Extra drinks as alcoholic & non-alcoholic
✖ International airfare from and to Kathmandu
✖ Hot shower during the trek.
✖ Travel insurance
✖Tips for guide and porter