Upper Dolpo trek
Upper Dolpa area was open in 1989 to foreigners only. This area lays hidden valley which is between Tibet and Dhaulagiri range on mid-western region of Nepal Himalayas. This area is one of the restricted areas of Nepal trekking route. Dolpo is characterized by a semi arid topography for deep narrow hidden valleys while upper Dolpo, this trek offers a vast arid of rolling semi desert highlands to walk Where tourist flow is controlled by the government to minimize the environmental and cultural influences. The journey starts after flying from Kathmandu to Jhuphal and while trekkers follow trekking trail in western region in Nepal with excellent mountain views. There are a beautiful lake which is well known as Shey Phoksundo lake by Local people there We will get opportunity to spend our time at lake and witness unique culture. ,Dolpo trek is adventurous trek which is requiring the experiences trekkers. Please you welcome and join with Nepal Wide Adventure for this remarkable and once if a lifetime adventure.
Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj: 1 hour, overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhuphal (Dolpo) and trek to Dunai (2,850m/3 hours trek), overnight at lodge.
Day 03: Trek from Dunai to Ankhe (2,896m/6 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Ankhe to Sulighat 6 hours walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Sulighat to Phoksundo Lake (3,611m/5 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Acclimatization and rest at Phoksundo Lake, overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Phoksundo Khola 4/5 hours walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Phoksunds Khola to Phoksundo Bhanjyang 6/ 7 hours walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek from Phoksundo Bhanjyang to Shey Gompa (4,500m) via Kang-La pass (5,360m) 5/6 hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Acclimatization and rest at Shey Gompa, overnight at tent/ lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Shey Gompa to Namduna Gaun (4,800m) by passing Saldang La (5,200m) – total walking time 7 hours, overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Namduna Gaun to Saldang (3,620m/4-5 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Trek from Saldang to Yangze Gompa (4,960m/5 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Trek from Yangze Gompa to Sibu (4,560m/7 hours walk).
Day 15: Trek from Sibu to Jeng-la Phedi (4,900m/5-6 hours , overnight at lodge,
Day 17: Trek from Tokyu to Dho Tarap (4,040m) - 5 hours Walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 18: Rest Day at Dho Tarap, overnight at lodge.
Day 19: Trek Dho Tarap to Tarap Khola (Kamakharka) (3,800m/7 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 20: Trek from Tarap Khola to Khanigaon(3,150m/5 hours walk)., overnight at lodge.
Day 21: Trek from Khanigaon to Tarakot (2,537m/5 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 22: Trek from Tarakot to Dunai (2,140m/5-6 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 23: Trek from Dunai to Jhuphal - 2-3 hours walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 24: Fly from Jhuphal to Nepalgunj and then connect your flight to Kathmandu. Upon arrival, drop at your hotel.
- International and domestic Airport pick-up and drop-off and all transportation by tourist bus & private vehicle in city.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing with tour guide.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner with hot drinks) during the trek in Himalaya.
- A highly experiences and knowledgeable english speaking guide and a porter.
- All Food, Accommodation, Insurance and transportation for porter and your guide.
- All required permits
- Accommodation 2 night standard hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- tea house lodge during the trek
- Arranged an emergency helicopter services (paid by your travel insurance)
- Trekking equipment such as Sleeping bag, down jacket etc.. on return basic
- Exclusives First aids box.
- Kathmandu-to-Kathmandu by local vehicle .
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 people in a group.
- Fare-well Dinner at typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu.
✖ Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
✖ Extra accommodation and meals behind schedule
✖ Extra drinks as alcoholic & non-alcoholic
✖ International airfare from and to Kathmandu
✖ Hot shower during the trek.
✖ Travel insurance
✖Tips for guide and porter