Gokyo Lake Trek
Everest Gokyo lake trek is slight easier, less crowded and a beautiful trekking destination in Khumbu valley, this trekking is an alternative route to Everest Base Camp trek. Everest Gokyo Lake treks offer the spectacular mountains view including world highest peak mt. Everest, typical Sherpa culture, picturesque Gokyo Valley, tradition of Sherpa community, ancient monasteries, landscape and flora fauna. The Everest Gokyo trail leads us through the charming Sherpa villages of Phakding, Namche, Dole, Gokyo with dramatic views of the northwest face of Everest, set amongst other giant peaks of Everest range along with the largest and deepest glaciers in the world the Ngozumpa glaciers and Khumbu glacier. Another interesting highlight of this trek is beautiful ice lake which is well known as Gokyo Lake located at 4757m. While trekking in this beautiful area we have a golden opportunity to generate the experience of beautiful place of Khumbu valley, Sherpa community and beauty of nature, considering Gokyo valley trek is one of the best trekking destination in the world, where, every year tourists visits over the twenty thousands. As we making an exciting ascent to Gokyo -Ri ( 5,357m) than we can catch 360* spectacular view of Himalayas range from here like Everest (8848m), Makalu (8,481m) , Lhotse (8516m), Cho-yu (8201m) and many surrounded peaks. Than trail descent continually downwards Machhermo, Namche, Manjo, Lukla and take a scenic flight back to Kathmandu. Trekking to Gokyo Valley region is considered as moderate and requires as good physical fitness level.
Gokyo Lake trek itinerary can be designed by our professional team of Nepal wide adventure considering as a best trip itinerary for our clients according to your time and budget. Nepal wide adventure teams will commitment that to ensure your safety, security and satisfy during the trekking in Nepal Himalaya with us. Please feel free to share your interest with your local adventure partner.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu 1350m/4428ft and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing with tour guide
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu/Lukla (2610m) and 3hrs trek to Phakding (2810m), Overnight at lodge
Day 04: Trek to Namche 3,450m/11,315ft- 6hrs. Overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Rest and acclimatization at Namche bazzar
Day 06: Trek to Dole (4,110m/13,152ft), 5/6 hrs, Overnight at lodge
Day 07: Trek to Machhermo (4,470m/14,663ft) 4/5 hrs, Overnight at lodge
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo (4,800m/15,744ft) 3/4 hrs, Overnight at lodge
Day 09: Visit Gokyo Ri (5,360m/17,586ft) – trek to Machhermo (4,470m/14,663ft) 6/7 hrs, Overnight at lodge
Day 10: Trek to Namche 3440m/11283ft 5/6 hrs, Overnight at lodge
Day 11: Trek to Lukla (2,880m/9,175ft) 4/5 hrs, Overnight at lodge
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft), 35 min flight. Return to hotel. Rest of day free
- International and domestic Airport pick-up and drop by car.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner with hot drinks) during the trek in Himalaya.
- A highly experiences and knowledgeable English speaking guide and a porter.
- All Food, Accommodation, Insurance and transportation for porter and guide.
- Sagarmatha national park permit.
- TIMS Card (Trekkers Information Management System)
- 2 Nights tourist 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis including breakfast and bed (BB)
- Trekking equipment such as Sleeping bag, down jacket etc. on return basic
- Exclusives First aids box.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) throughout the trek.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 people in a group.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu both way flight ticket
- Fare-well Dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant with traditional music and dance
- Porter service, 1 for 2 trekkers
- All the government and local taxes
✖ Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
✖ Extra accommodation and meals behind schedule
✖ Extra drinks as alcoholic & non-alcoholic
✖ International airfare from and to Kathmandu
✖ Hot shower during the trek.
✖ Travel insurance
✖Tips for guide and porter